Advertisement for Solicitation
of Applicants for
City of Antlers City Manager
Notice is hereby given that City of Antlers is seeking applicants for the position of City Manager.
The city manager shall be the chief executive officer and head of the administrative branch of the city government. He shall execute the laws and administer the government of the city, and shall be responsible therefore to the council. He shall:
- Appoint, and when necessary for the good of the service, remove, demote, lay off or suspend all heads of administrative departments and other administrative officers and employees of the city except as otherwise provided by law. The manager or city council by ordinance may authorize the head of a department, office or agency to appoint and remove the subordinates in such department, office or agency;
- Supervise and control all administrative departments, officers and agencies;
- Prepare a budget annually and submit it to the council and be responsible for the administration of the budget after it goes into effect; and recommend to the council any changes in the budget which he deems desirable;
- Submit to the council a report after the end of the fiscal year on the finances and administrative activities of the city for the preceding year;
- Keep the council advised of the financial condition of the future needs of the city, and make recommendations as he deems desirable; and
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by law or by ordinance.
The duties and responsibilities of the city manager shall include the above but are not limited to such. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the city council.
Applicants seeking to apply can obtain an application from City Hall. Resumes should be sent to Sherry Dobbs, City Clerk, 100 SE 2nd St., Antlers, Oklahoma, 74523 until such time as position has been filled.